Tuesday, June 21, 2011
The Amendment
Today I got the chance to explore the Capitol more when I had to run an amendment to a piece of legislation over. I was able to get very familiar with the back way into the house side of the Capitol by having to run back to the office for the cover sheet that is needed in order to file the amendment. I am getting to see more and more of the beautiful architecture and artwork, that for most are of limits, and it makes running back to Cannon totally worth it. I also took the new intern on the tour around to the other Congressman that I did last week and didn't get lost!! Someday I might get over the fact that I know which hallway is which, but for now I am still happy when I take the right one. We did get souvenirs from a couple of the offices, like an awesome bike pin, so the run around Capitol Hill wasn't to bad. Before all of that it had been the usual computer work and phone calls for most of the morning. I have the next two days off so more DC exploring and hopefully more pictures are coming soon!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment