Tuesday, June 28, 2011

First Tour

Today was a good day in the office.  It started off slow but soon picked up with some interesting constituent calling in and then it was time to give my first Capitol tour.  It was a family of six and they showed up more than a half hour early but since they were the only ones going I was able to take them on the tour then.  At points it felt more like a government lecture as opposed to telling them the history of the Capitol building but the kids were really interested in how Congress worked so I tried to explain as much as they could understand.  I took them up to the Senate gallery since the House is out of session and for whatever reason the line was much longer.  We were able to see them pass an appointment but for who or what I never did figure out.  After the tour I went around again to show another intern exactly which ways to go and then I headed out for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment