Tuesday, August 2, 2011
Picture Day
Today myself and the other interns took our official picture with the Congressman before he left for the August recess. We were then able to talk to him for awhile on what had happened this summer and what it could mean for the future. Before that took place I was still taking calls about the debt ceiling vote. They were still wanting him to vote no so I had to inform them that it had in fact taken place yesterday and that he had voted for it. I also worked on filing all of the faxes that have come into the office about the debt issues. The Senate voted a little after noon and approved the bill and it was later signed by President Obama. So it was the official end to the debt debate...well sort of. We now have to see what happens with the committee that is to be appointed to handle the issues now. I also got to walk around some of the monuments with Megan, a friend from back home, who is out in DC for her internship. While walking around we were handed three tickets to the Nationals baseball game that night and thought we would go to it until we realized it had already started. We then met up with some of her intern friends and got some dinner in Chinatown.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment