Thursday, July 14, 2011

The Congressional Baseball Game

Tonight was the Congressional Baseball game over at the Nationals' baseball stadium.  My office was able to get some free tickets so I went over to watch the game with the rest of them.  Naturally the game took place between the Democrats and the Republicans with the fans sitting on their respective side of the stadium.  The Congressmen who were playing wore uniforms from their respective baseball teams.  The concession stands were open for the game so I got an amazing chilli dog from Ben's Chilli Bowl, a DC must have.  The section I was in did a good job on keeping the different chants going including two that showed the demographic who made up the crowed: Yes We Can! and Raise the Debt Ceiling.  It was lots of fun!!  The Democrats were able to keep it a no hitter until the fifth inning and allowed two runs to be made in the last inning.  We ended up winning eight to two, keeping the Democrats' winning streak going.

No comments:

Post a Comment