Thursday, July 7, 2011

Lecture Series

I wasn't up to much yesterday but today I headed over to the Hill to go to one of the intern lectures that was going to be held by the House Chaplain, Father Patric Conroy SJ who was most recently teaching in Portland in our district.  We have actually been hearing about him through some of the tours that have been coming through our office so it was nice to finally meet him and find out more about what he is doing in Congress.  His life story was very cool because before he went into the priesthood he had thought about going into politics, specifically Congress, and that is now where he has ended up, all be it in a much different role than originally dreamed.  His only must do job is provide a one minute prayer at the start of the session and then the rest of what he does is mainly in giving support to the Congressmen and staffs.  After the lecture the only trick was getting home because I ended up on the metro just as some technical issues happened.  I ended up waiting for fifteen minutes for the metro to finally leave the Capitol South station where we had sat collecting more and more people into the hot train.

No comments:

Post a Comment