Monday, July 25, 2011

A Day of Meetings

Today I went into work early in order to go to a briefing on genetically engineered crops and their affects on the organic farming.  It was interesting to hear what the organic sector had to say on the matter, but it was a little biased in my opinion...I mean to say that GE crops don't do anything is stretching the truth a bit.  After the briefing I wrote up a report for the legislative assistant who handles agricultural issues.  It was then time for the usually Monday morning Whip meeting so I headed over to where it always is and found out that it had actually been at two hours earlier since the house started session earlier then normal on a Monday.  Quite a few people didn't get the memo though (not that there was an actual memo, instead it was part of some other email that had gone out that morning) and I wasn't the only one who had walked over to find out that I had missed it.  I did get to go to the Press Secretary Briefing later on in the day so a lot of what is normally said at the Whip meeting was repeated there and I had another chance to write a brief on it.  I think I am getting the hang on the meeting styles since they all tend to follow the same type of format.  The rest of the day was spent answering the phone which, although it rang a lot, it was much less than Friday.  Votes weren't starting till later so the office was staying late but there are only so many faxes for me to file so I headed home at 6 after a long day in the office.

No comments:

Post a Comment