Wednesday, July 13, 2011
The Hopper
I went in to work this morning and did most of the normal things but a few new tasks as well. The office was submitting a new piece of legislation so it was time for me to find out where the hopper was in the Capitol. After having it explained to me I was able to get to the right floor and then found the right hallway. It is actually in a Members only room so I rang a doorbell, a man opened the door, took the papers, and then closed the door. It was funny from my point of view how fast the door was closed...I guess its just a very secret room. I also took to the task of calling up about twenty different offices to get the names of their Legislative Assistants who deal with health care. On one of the calls the man who answered the phone felt the need to continue the conversation that he was having with someone in his office before giving me the information. I made the wrong decision of going to the grocery story after work because while I was inside a thunderstorm started and of course I forgot to put my umbrella in my purse this morning. After waiting about fifteen minutes with no hope of it getting better anytime soon I bought myself a new umbrella and headed home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment