This weekend has been cursed with bad weather which is really to bad for all of the people who have come out for the 4th. Saturday was probably the warning that the weather was going to turn bad because it was more humid then it has been the whole time I've been here. Due to that I decided to stay in and get some chores done around my room, number one being the laundry that I had yet to do. Having to pay three dollars for a load of laundry made me really miss OSU with our no pay machines. After finally getting enough quarters (CVS will only give two dollars in change...annoying) I finished and chilled out for the rest of the evening as some lightening started to hit DC.
Today I headed back over to Georgetown for church and I learned that I need to take an earlier bus since I made it just as the opening song was starting. As mass was ending you could tell that the weather had turned since the stain-glassed windows had gone dark and then were suddenly brightened by the lightning starting. The flood of rain that came with the storm was also bad and soon the streets were covered in water. I made the quick walk back to M street where there was Qdoba and shelter from the storm. It had passed by the time I was done eating so I decided that I would head down to the Capitol to watch the rehearsal for the big Fourth of July concert. I was able to stay on the same bus all the way to the north side of the Capitol where I got off and started walking to the front lawn. I should have known from the large groups of people walking away that it wasn't going to happen but I tried anyways. The problem was that the wind from the storm had done a lot of damage to the surrounding trees and equipment that had been setup so they now had to fix it all. This caused the rehearsal to be closed to the public so that crews could keep working. Now I will be going to the big show tomorrow and will hopefully find a good place to watch the fireworks from!!
No comments:
Post a Comment