Friday, July 1, 2011

A Short Work Day

Today was a really laid back day in the office since it's the Friday before a three day weekend.  I did the normal phone answering and data entry but also played Risk on one of the Legislative Assistance's new ipad (I didn't win but was able to stay in the game till it was down to two of us!!).  The chief of staff left around 1:30 and we ended up closing up the office by 3:00.  Our office stayed late compared to the other offices which already had their lights out and doors locked up when I was headed out of the building.  Since it was still early I decided to walk a little bit of the mall before going back to GW so I walked through the National Botanical Garden that is just west of the Capitol.  They were getting the front of the Capitol ready for the concert on Monday that happens before the big firework show and the maze of gates was quite impressive.  I am planing on going to the Sunday night rehearsal for the concert because I hear there are a lot less people then.  The heat soon started to get to me since I was still in my work cloths so I headed to the nearest metro and headed towards the air conditioning.

No comments:

Post a Comment