Friday, July 8, 2011

Really Obama?!

Today the phone seemed to never stop ringing and it was all about medicare and social security.  So as I understand it, at some point today the President, in talking about the budget issues, said that it was time to look at changing the programs.  Now honestly I have yet to do the research into what exactly was said and am going off what was said in the office, but it sounds like things have been blown out of proportion because of an unclear statement by Obama.  Regardless of what is truly going on we still had quite the number of phone calls come in due to it and to say these people were riled would be an understatement.  Then the Progressive Caucus released the letter that they were passing around the Hill so more calls flooded in to urge the Congressman to sign it.  I can only imagine what the voice mail is going to look like on Monday.  I was able to find time between the phone calls to put together and send out visiting packets for constituents who are coming out to DC this summer.  I headed out for the night under the lovely storm clouds that have reappeared here and ran for the metro station due to the lack of umbrella.

No comments:

Post a Comment